One area that I found to be extremely helpful this week and something to highly consider when dealing with my action research plan was the CARE model. I thought I would post it, as a reminder to me as what I need to consider for future planning with my action research.
Identify Concerns that must change (look to the future)
(Assign points to concerns from 1 to 3 in the order of the most important issues to consider.)
1. Teachers have to be on board and willing to think outside the box when developing their lessons with “BYOT.”
2. Students have to understand that the use of bringing your own technology is for educational purposes, not for leisure of looking up what they want, texting and social media networks.
3. Bringing your own technology has to be effective in the classroom in order for student learning to occur.
Identify Affirmations that must be sustained (look to the present)
(Assign points to affirmations from 1 to 3 in the order of the most important issues to consider.)
1. We have to continue to hold a positive attitude about the new policy of “BYOT” as it is not going away.
2. We need our administration to provide suggestions and feedback in any way they can to help with “BYOT.”
3. We need to offer out ideas and best practices for others to begin to feel comfortable with the change.
SMART Recommendations that must be implemented:
(Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, Timely)
(Assign points to recommendations from 1 to 3 in the order of the most important recommendations to implement.)
1. Need to be able to graph the effectiveness of “BYOT” so far this school year.
2. Set up brown bag sessions for teachers to share ideas and lessons that work best for them.
3. Provide as much support and guidance to the teachers and staff in order to keep them motivated.
EVALUATE – Specifically and Often
(Identify the best ways to evaluate the implemented recommendations.)
1. Share data with the teachers so everyone can see the effect.
2. Survey teachers to find out what additional resources they feel are needed in order for “BYOT” to be effective for the students.
3. Conduct small group conferences with teachers each month to see if things have improved or what their worries are at the moment.